Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kitchen Floors me, no pictures please

There will be a short interlude before the next picture post. It seems as though someone has helped themselves to my camera. I will never be sure exactly what happened, but gone is gone.

The kitchen floor is getting me down. Yes, down on the floor with my ever degenerating knees, but I am having some trouble.
My cement mix, which is quite thick where I needed the floor's high point, is not the best. It turns out I should have used a different product. Currently I am replacing any tiles that sound loose. A light tap gives a dull thud on all correctly set tiles. A hollow sound means they didn't grab and they've gotta come up. This is hard not only because chipping up cement is hard, but the vibrations can loosen the adjacent tiles as well. So five becomes eight and well, I'll let you know when it's done.
Also, getting the pitch while keeping it the whole floor flat, with the spaces even and all tile lining up, oye! This is not my best trade, but since I'm all I have......

I'm considering a camera/phone. I have been firmly against this combo in the past, but some things have changed.
  1. The cameras in phones are much better.
  2. I'm calling more and could use a phone plan instead of constantly trying to add minutes. Hence, I may be looking at new phones since they practically give you a decent phone when you sign a plan.
  3. I loved my camera, but secretly have been wanting something more advanced and may get by with the phone-0-camera until I can afford and SLR.
  4. It will probably have MP3 and I can't go long without music.
More on this fascinating problem and all the developments later.
Thanks for reading,
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment