Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tiles complete at last


I'm happy to report the kitchen tiles are complete, well sort of. The baseboard will be put in after the cabinets, for shiming and such. Plus I will need to pick out something for the walls as well. So I'll need a pretty good match if I use floor tiles under the cabinets, or something similar match and go all the way around with it. Hmm?
I've started installing the cabinets with the lowers all succesfully secured. Keeping that odd angle lined up with the wall, while shimming for level was a task. I did have to chip away the wall in one spot.
Next week the rest of the cabinets go in and finally the doors. I'll have the counter top installed before I decide on a back splash.
April is the last month that we're keeping the job open in terms of the building dept. permit. That gives me a month or two after before an inspection to see that we've done what we filed.
So, this had better be buttoned up by the end of June or I've been told there could be trouble. I have my doubts as to how quickly they'll inspect, but I don't want to press my luck. I think I need to finish, no?
Still no camera, so this old picture of the yet-to-be-finished cabinets will have to suffice for now. Just use your imagination, they look great, really.
bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment