Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cabinets done


The kitchen cabinets are in and they look alright. I'm not sure if this type of cabinet construction is suited for these types of houses. In the future I will make some changes and make them, well less. They felt normal making, but they look gigantic. I have never seen a kitchen like this here. I hope this is a plus when we start showing.
I had to make a crown molding. I used some blocking to hold the cabinets at the ceiling that showed. It was a hassle to make on-site. I set up a makeshift table saw by attaching a circular saw to a piece of plywood and setting it on two heavy saw horses.
I routed the profile in several steps and brought in the big mitre saw to make the cuts accurate.
Two days in all , but it was worth it.
I may put the baseboard tiles under the cabinets today. We have decided against continuing that base on the walls after the cabinets. I just skimmed the rough part by the floor with plaster and will leave it painted. It looks clean and well, that's that.
I may get my friend to work today. If so, we'll try to firm up the front doors. They're enormous and need detailing. Once they're finish sanded and stained against the weather, touch ups and glass and things can be done later.
When I find a camera to buy or borrow I will post some photos of the progress.
Thanks for reading. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment